Dental Implants - Encinitas, CA
Single Missing Tooth Multiple Missing Teeth Implant Supported Dentures
Are Dental Implants right for me? FAQs
The traditional solutions to missing teeth (bridges, dentures, and crowns) lose their effectiveness over time, are difficult to maintain, and have negative consequences to your overall oral health. Implants offer a fantastic, natural-feeling alternative that restores your normal abilities. Implants provide the flexibility to replace one, a few, or many teeth, allowing your doctor to tailor your treatment to your mouth’s specific needs.
If you are interested in dental implants, schedule a consultation. Your doctor will evaluate your mouth and replacement needs to determine the most appropriate implant procedure. Implants are a viable option for most patients, having been successfully placed in patients with conditions such as diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
Patients with the following pre-existing conditions and health risks should discuss these with their doctor during their implant consultation:
- Existing dental work: Implants can often improve or even replace existing dental work for a more effective and complete treatment.
- Bone loss: Depending on how long your teeth have been missing, a certainly degree of bone loss will have occurred. Bone grafting may be required to rebuild the bone for successful implant placement
- Existing medical condition: You should discuss any existing medical conditions and medications with your doctor. Generally, if you are healthy enough for regular dental work, you should be equally as fit for implants.
- Gum disease: If untreated, gum disease can impact the success of dental implants. Moderate to severe gum disease may need to be treated separately before implantation.
- Smoking: Smoking can limit the success of your dental implants as well as cause overall risks to your oral health. Discuss your smoking habits with your doctor.